Saturday, August 10, 2013

plum tomatoes, Gale & Phil, Candace & Ralph


Jan and I buzzed on up to Joann’s on Friday morning (8/9).  She went for a zipper, but also scored some really pretty close out yarn.  I got fabric for the tops of charity pillow cases, and some zipper for a new project of my own.  Once home, I put together a pasta salad, cucumber/onion salad, and tomatoes with basil and balsamic vinaigrette and some grated hard cheese.  I got to putz in my studio for a bit in the afternoon, and Michael and I harvested quite a haul of plum tomatoes from our back garden (and one big one from quilting friends on Thursday):



 
Our dinner guests arrived at 6 PM:

Michael (displaying the pasta salad!) and Gale

Phil & Ralph

Candace & Michael


and we had burgers on the grill plus the afore mentioned sides.  Everyone got to see Michael’s Scotland pictures, then we had key lime pie for dessert, and talked for at least another hour before everyone left for home.  We spent a bit of time reading before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.