Sunday, August 4, 2013

green & blue 9 patches


Michael and I dined al fresco Friday morning (8/2) after our dog walk/bike ride.  Then he headed to the media room for the Ladies British Open in the morning (he was thrilled to watch it, since it was on one of the courses he played while he was in Scotland….he got out all of his yardage books and re-lived each hole) and the Bridgestone Invitational in the afternoon.  I worked in my studio until Phil and Gale called to ask us to join them for dinner (this was really good because I had no idea what I was going to feed Michael for dinner and apparently Gale didn’t know what she would feed Phil either so…off to dinner it was!) They picked us up to head out to Mama’s for dinner.  We had a wonderful dinner and they stopped in when they dropped us off to enjoy a bit of Amaretto and a lot of talking before heading home.

On Saturday (8/3)Michael went golfing, and finally brought his score back down to an 85.  It was up a bit after a recent lesson, but he’s been incorporating the tips and seemed very pleased with his score.  Connie came over in the morning and we talked knitting, and I spent the early part of the afternoon working on my 9 patches.  Apparently the 3rd time really is the charm, because bedtime I finally had 2/3 of them done:
 

 yep, that’s 36 nine patches in blue and green, only 18 red ones to go!  Jan came over after 4 and we picked up Susan and Melanie.  They are going on a cruise around England (and maybe France) and we took them to the airport.  It gave Jan and me a chance to talk (and of course have an ice cream cone at MCDonald’s on the way home J).  Michael and I had leftovers for dinner and watched a bit of TV before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.