Wednesday, August 7, 2013

cookies, coffee cake, Michael


I hopped up early Tuesday morning (8/6) and baked off the white chocolate/oatmeal/craisen dough I made the other day:



along with 2 more Spanish coffee cakes: 

 
Of course, my trusty chief-bottle-washer was in residence, so I didn’t have to clean up J:

 


 When Jan picked me up I packed craisen cookies and coffee cakes up  along with 2 other large platters of cookies baked on Sunday.  We went off to Krispy Kreme and bought 4 dozen doughnuts and dropped everything off at the church, where Willa was waiting.

I got home around 12:30 and was so tired I took a little nap and decided since it was raining again that I wasn’t going to Stitch & Chat.  When I got up, I had a bit of time to sew before getting cleaned up and leaving for the wake.  There were literally hundreds and hundreds of people there…it was awful.  I talked to Patsy a bit and she said it was just a nightmare and I agreed with her.  How you can lose a child, so young and so suddenly, I can’t even imagine.  I was home just after 7 (Michael had gone to the movies with Larry) and really didn’t do much of anything other than sit on the couch and watch TV until Michael came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.