Saturday, August 24, 2013

coasters & coasters & coasters, Elsie


Thursday  (8/22) was quilting….I taught about 9 or 10 people how to make the coasters….it took about 15 minutes for everyone to know what they were doing and off they went!!  Everyone seemed to really enjoy it and I’m glad I thought of it as a fill in class.  Lisa was kind enough to take a picture for me…these are just some of the coasters that were completed:
 

I took lots of stuff to do on my own, because I knew it wouldn’t take long for people to do the coasters…and a large group of us sat around doing our handwork and talking.  One of the newer members (Debra)had some extra coaster fabric that I kidded her about, saying it would look FAULOUS in my living room…and she gave it to me!!!  I can’t wait to make new coasters for my own living room.  I had a very enjoyable time and got home around 1 pm.  I buckled down and got my Volunteer minutes done and sent out, as well as the quilting minutes.  Then it was time to play in the studio:



Yep, finished the last 2 sets of coasters for the craft sale in October or December.  While I was working, I noticed that I’m not the only one in our house that loves those empty Xerox boxes:
 

Michael and I had BLT’s for dinner (yum!) and I knit for the rest of the evening.

******************************************* 

Michael left for a hearing aid appointment Friday morning (8/23) and I headed to the studio to find more fabrics for the coasters.  Finding the fabric took WAY longer than actually sewing them up: 

I can’t believe how beautiful they are, and how beautiful they look in the living room (you know I had a set in the living room that someone made me, and I just never cared for the fabric.  These new ones make me smile every time I walk in there....I can't believe I waited so long to make new ones...and to tell the truth, if Debra hasn't given me the fabric, I probably NEVER would have made any others for myself):

 

When I was finished, I headed upstairs to put together roll dough and get all of the tomatoes quartered for yet another one pot pasta dinner.  Susan and Anne & Bryce came over and we had a nice time eating and talking.  Everyone left by 8 PM and Michael and I watched TV until bedtime.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, love your living room colors, and the new coasters look beautiful there :) Thanks to you and all the Scrap Happys for the warm welcome! ~Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, those living room coasters look Great! N~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coasters !!!! Your photo from the other day inspired me to make some for our new dining room table. (I only got 2 sewn, but I have enough cut for 8). I am now thinking of making some for Christmas presents. Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.