Tuesday, August 13, 2013

hydrangea, snowman embroidery


Michael left for golf on Monday morning (8/12) and I took off for another bike ride.  I had a bit of time at home, then headed up to the library to return some books and pick up others.  I LOVE our library system…it is super easy to put books on hold, then they send you an email when the books have arrived at the library.  They also send an email 3 days before the books are due….SCORE!!  One book I picked up is by Betty White  (If You Ask Me) which was a very quick and delightful read.  Then it was more goofing off as I did my normal Monday morning perusal of about 25 cooking blogs, as well as one knitting and one quilting blog!  I headed upstairs to grab a bite for lunch, and found one perfect late season blossom when I took Cookie out:
 
 
 
Finally I got productive and got a charity quilt basted on the back porch and started my second embroidery.  By dinner time I had this:

 


and my quilt was about 1/2 way quilted.  Michael and I had burgers on the grill for dinner, and I continued to quilt far into the night.

 

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.