Thursday, August 15, 2013

garden flowers, tomatoes, Cookie, cookies


Tuesday (8/13) seemed to go by in a flash…mostly because I’ve started reading the novels of Anne Tyler.  I read THE PATCHWORK PLANET a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it, and I’m now reading THE HOMESICK RESTAURANT.  Here is a quote from Amazon on one of Anne’s books that I totally understand and agree with: ‘Yet she manages to make each page riveting, a can't-put-down read that involves the reader so deeply in the lives of Pauline, Michael and their family that one is reluctant to say goodbye’.  That’s exactly how I feel, totally drawn in to the lives of the people I am reading about.  Even for a normal book, once I get into reading it, it is very hard to put down, so I read my book most of the morning, barely getting in my shower before Joanne picked me up for Stitch & Chat.  We had a good time there…narrowly avoiding getting totally soaked as we left.  I read a bit more in the afternoon, but was finally able to tear myself away in the evening when Michael and Larry went to the movies.  I spent the evening quilting and by bedtime, the quilting on the charity quilt was finished. 

*********************************** 

Even though Michael left super early for golf on Wednesday morning (8/14), he still managed to pick a beautiful bouquet for me:

 
along with a mess of plum tomatoes (that ‘bowl’ is at least 10 inches across!) before he left:

 
I ran downstairs first thing to get through my emails.  By the time I finished, Cookie still hadn’t come downstairs and I had a pretty good idea of where she was:

 
yep…I hadn’t made the bed right away and she just loves to snuggle into dad’s pillow.  I got the bed made, showered (even though when I jumped in the running shower I finally saw the millipede or silverfish or whatever those long, hairy things are scurrying around and had to scream and jump out and get toilet tissue to scoop it out….YUCK!!!!  Isn’t that why I got married???  So I didn’t have to deal with stuff like that??  and where was my hubby….yukking it up out on the golf course L), and cleaned up the kitchen and was peacefully sitting in the living room, drinking my tea by the time Janice called at 9.  We had a wonderful talk, and I got to knit for a bit before leaving for a hair appointment.  I hit the library on the way home, then fired up the oven.  I had mixed up some lemonade cookies and got them baked:
 
There is a teachers meet-and-greet this week and Osceola Methodist (where I quilt) was asked to supply cookies.  So, I ran them down while Michael was cooking up a mess of bacon.  We had BLT’s for dinner for the first time this year and they were absolutely HEAVENLY!!!  For some reason we were both whipped in the evening, and so just snuggled on the couch and watched the boob tube.

2 comments:

  1. *** COOKIES, MRS. D! *** I LOVE COOKIES!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey -- I found one of them the other day in the shower, too-- I didn't yell and scream...not loudly anyway...Love ME

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.