Thursday, August 22, 2013

new yarn!


Tuesday (8/20) just FLEW by.  Janice calls me every Wednesday at 9 AM and we talk for about 1/2 an hour before she goes to work.  I want to go to a bike clinic on Wednesday, so she called Tuesday morning….we talked for almost 1-1/2 hours!!!!!  Tuesday is her day off, so we just talked and talked and talked!!!  Michael came home from the dentist and said ‘what could you possibly talk about for 1-1/2 hours”?  Guys just don’t get it  J.  Anyway, Michael and I talked for a bit when he got home and then it seemed like it was time to go to Stitch & Chat.  There was a lively discussion about the club near the end of the session, so several of us kept on talking about that after the club was over.  Many new people over the years have come in the room where our club meets, and don’t feel very welcomed.  I can totally understand that when no one acknowledges or talks to them.  A friend of mine said ‘well, I think we are at an age where you ought to be able to walk up to a group and introduce yourself…not wait for someone to approach you’.  While (in principle) I agree with that remark, I think she is talking about how things SHOULD work…and not how they actually DO work.  Lots of things in life SHOULD be a certain way…but rarely actually ARE J.  I think it’s very hard for people to walk into a big group of chatting and laughing women, and walk up to a group where you don’t know anyone, and ‘bust’ into the conversation.  It can be very intimidating, even for someone like me, who everyone thinks is very outgoing.  I have tried over the years to keep an eye out for new people and go and talk to them, but I am only one person, and I miss seeing some people.  I get very irritated that pretty much no one else in the club seems to think that is important, or tries to do it, but Michael tells me I am a very INCLUSIVE person...and I have seen too many instances of how many (most?) people want to be EXCLUSIVE.  Anyway….that’s a discussion for another day.

When I got home, Susan (neighbor) and Melanie came over to thank me for picking them up at the airport on Saturday when they got back from their 2 week cruise.  They decided to be concrete in their thanks:
 

 
many skeins of beautiful, wool yarn from Ireland…I LOVE it!!!

Michael and I had BLT’s for dinner again (OMG…YUM!!!) and then we picked up Evelyn & Larry and went off to see THE BUTLER movie.  Larry had called to invite us and I wasn’t sure I wanted to go.  It was very hard to watch (as I knew it would be), but I wish everyone in America, young and old, would see it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.