Monday, August 12, 2013

Elsie $ Cookie a duex, snowman embroidery


Michael let me sleep until 8 AM on Saturday (8/10) before he left for golf.  I took my bike ride anyway, and saw lots of friends who were out and about!  Once home, I made a nice breakfast, then cleaned up everything from the party and got laundry started.  I got to work a bit in my studio, and found an embroidery that I’m going to do for my Christmas quilt.  I had a bit of company while I was down there:


 

 

 

I also got a bit of knitting done before Michael came home with an 87 and we decided to take a nap.  By the time we got up, it was time to get cleaned up and go pick up Evelyn and Larry.  They asked if we wanted to go to dinner and a movie, so we headed to Red Bowl for dinner (orange chicken for me and tempura shrimp for Michael) and then to the movies to see RED 2 – a totally over-the-top, but enjoyable movie….especially for us oldsters!  Michael laughed and laughed through the whole thing.  We got home around 9:30 and read a bit before bed.

Sunday morning (8/11) we both took a bike ride, then settled in to eat breakfast and read the paper.  I didn’t make it down to my studio until NOON and spent a good hour on the computer, getting caught up on things.  I got sandwich bread baked in the afternoon (and Jan came by and got 1/2 a loaf, along with a bunch of plum tomatoes) and Michael finished all of the laundry.  I finally got to settle down and got started on the embroidery for my Christmas quilt.  After 3-1/2 hours, it was finally done:

 
Now I just have to make one more.  It was leftovers for dinner and relaxing on the couch and knitting for the rest of the night.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.