Sunday, June 19, 2011

We both had a quick breakfast this morning (Saturday, June 18th), then Michael took off in the golf cart for horseshoes and I took off on my bike to get garlic at the grocery store.  I hope to get some pesto made today or tomorrow and I am totally out of garlic.  I came back and wove a bit and then Jan called.  She needed a bit of help with her on-line bill pay, so I biked over there (Michael was out playing 9 holes in the golf cart).  It only took 10 minutes to help Jan, so I was home quickly and before dinner I finished weaving the shawl and took if off the loom.  I still have a couple of hours of finishing work, but I am pleased with how it turned out.  Michael and I got cleaned up and went over to Andi and Joe’s just after 5.  Andi and I have known each other for probably 4 years, but have never managed to get together.  She used to come to my sing-a-longs and we talked whenever we ran into each other.  Finally we both had our calendars on us at the same time and booked a date for Saturday night.  We stopped at their home for drinks and appetizers…and what a gorgeous home it was.  There was color EVERYWHERE…techniques on the walls that were just beautiful…and lots and lots of art everywhere.  I really liked the house.  Then they took us downstairs…..Joe is a train aficionado and he had a HUGE set up in the basement…all different kinds of trains and different kinds of cars…and people and buildings and it was just terrific!  I felt like I was back in Buhl Planetarium at Christmas (for those PGH people reading this!)  Anyway, we eventually left for dinner at BONEFISH…and a wonderful dinner it was.  The guy who sold us our house down here was at the next table with his parents, who we also know…so we had a nice little visit before dinner.  Andi and Joe got AHI tuna, I got crab cakes (with a fabulous lobster corn chowder as an appetizer) and Michael got shrimp and scallops.  The only tiny sour note of the evening was that the restaurant was VERY loud, and seemed to get more so as the evening wore on….wait….what a lovely phrase….with your permission….I’ll say it again…as the evening wore on….(that’s for the HARVEY fans among you!)  Anyway, by the time we left, Michael had quite a headache and we all decided to call it a night.  We will definitely get together with them again…it was a delightful evening.  We read a bit once we were home before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.