Thursday, June 30, 2011

for sale

Michael left at the crack of dawn Wednesday (6/29)for golfing….my day started a bit later  J.  I hit the farmer’s market at 9 AM for corn on the cob (to go with our BLT’s tonight), some luscious looking peaches, and more tomatoes for pizza over the weekend.  Nancy was here by 9:30 (we couldn’t get together yesterday, so moved it to today instead) and we talked and knitted and embroidered until NOON.  She left to get on with the rest of her day, and I had lunch and continued embroidering.  Our Stitch & Chat group needs to fill 2 display windows for the next 2 months; so I promised Joanne that I would do a few cuddle blankets for her to put in the windows.  Here are my efforts so far (you can always click on any picture to make bigger):







I hope to be selling some of these at the fall craft fair.  They are polar fleece blankets, about 25" by 37 " with a rather large (I've inlcuded a 6" rular in one picture) applique embroidery in one corner.

We ate our BLT’s and corn for dinner and a spectacular dinner it was!!!!  We took a short golf cart ride after dinner to drop off a check and visit the softball fields.  We were too late to see a play off game, but we may try to go down again on Thursday. I came back downstairs to sew for the rest of the evening. 

I’m including a few other pictures today.  Michael planted some sunflower seeds….the bunnies definitely ate the VAST majority of them, but 2 of them are going strong in the backyard and are over 6 feet high so far.



Michael also woke me up earlier this week to show me an absolutely beautiful sun rise….I’m including his pictures for your enjoyment as well:









1 comment:

  1. I love getting all the pictures !! And I found out how to post to your blog from my email... the link was in teeny-weeny print at the bottom of the email. I LOVE 21st century technology!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.