Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I haven't posted recently because I have been having problems with my computer  :-(  No pictures until I get it fixed, but at least I can post....enjoy!

Saturday morning we were both up early to get ready for our salad bowl party.  I got a Praline Pecan cheesecake made, along with killer dark chocolate brownies.  I also made an almond trifle (we were providing all of the desserts and drinks).  Michael got everything watered outside while I was working, and took some great pictures of our front flower bed.  Our across-the-street neighbor always comments on how lovely it is so sit at her kitchen table, checking out the view of our flower beds!  Michael also picked our first blueberries of the season!!!  Granted, it was only about 1/2 a cup of berries, but our bushes are loaded!  We finished cooking and cleaning for the party by 2 and got to relax until people showed up at 6:30 PM.  We had wonderful appetizers like rotel and  velveeta, chicken legs, and homemade pimento cheese and everyone seemed to enjoy chowing down!  We split into teams and played salad bowl (which is like password, the $25,000 pyramid and charades all rolled into one) for over an hour, then stopped to enjoy all of the desserts.  Everyone said they had a terrific time.

We were all cleaned up and watching TV within 20 minutes of everyone leaving. 

Sunday was a wonderful, relaxing day.  I spent a lot of time on my loom and got another shawl finished.  the yarn color was called wisteria, and I think the purple and green tones really look beautiful.  We had so many leftover desserts from Saturday night that we invited several neighbors over to share.  I think everyone spent a delightful hour eating and talking, and we were left with only a few brownies.  Michael and I both read in the living room for several hours until bedtime.

Monday was terrific.  Michael and Phil left early for golf and I got to sew a bit in the morning before Jan picked me up.  We had to return a few things and then went to the mall for a sale on polo shirts.  I got 3 shirts for Michael and 1 for me and then we stopped for lunch before heading home.  We had leftovers for dinner, so I didn’t have to worry about that and I just caught on fire in the afternoon and evening while working on my sewing.  I got all of the strips done for a charity quilt and started to cut out the squares; I continued to work on the quilt Michael put on the design wall, and in between I got a teeny bit more done on a secret project!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.