Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Michael and Phil left around 8:30 for their golf tournament on Monday (6/20), and I spent time on the internet looking up new recipes!  I finally got my butt in gear at 9 and went upstairs to dip some oreos for Michael.  I noticed he took the last of the cookies with him to eat while golfing, and it is too hot to bake all this week (temps in mid to high 90’s), so I dipped double stuffed oreos in dark chocolate and filled his cookie jar right up.  I got a load of laundry thrown in before picking up Beth and heading to the Lake House for our volunteer meeting.  We had a speaker from hospice at the meeting, and I reported on our food drive, then Beth and I took off for the grocery store.  I finally got home at 1, and had a few hours to work in the basement before Willa picked me up for quilting.  Willa belongs to a quilt guild in a near-by town and Monday night was their yearly auction.  they had a lot of beautiful things and I bid on a couple, but was outbid….so I came home with just what I took with me!  I got home around 9:30 and we both read for awhile before going to bed.  Michael placed JUST out of the money in the golf tournament, he got an 89 and they only paid out to the 84-85-87 and 88’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.