Sunday, June 5, 2011

I had a block exchange box to deliver to a friend of mine, so Michael and I tried to take a bike ride first thing Saturday morning (6/4) to drop it off, but Michael couldn’t get one of his tires to stay pumped up…so I took off by myself.  By the time I got back, Michael had everything set up on the deck for us to have a nice relaxing breakfast in the cool morning air.  We finished breakfast and Michael started doing his monthly chores while I came downstairs to pull together some stuff for Joplin, MO.  I don’t know if you read about the tornados through that area, but of the 70 homes that were destroyed, 40 of them were quilters.  They lost everything….so our local quilt guild has offered to mail out any and all donations.  I thought I would take some of the fabric that I have YARDS of, and cut up and make some ‘goodie’ bags for 6 different quilters.  I also have some extra equipment I can send.  I ended up with 1/2 – 3/4 yard pieces of 11 different fabrics.  That took a couple of hours to pull together, after which I started to work on the wall hanging Michael put up of leftover squares.  For lunch, Michael made me (quite possibly) the BEST grilled cheese sandwich I’ve EVER had!!!  We had leftovers for dinner and then Jan and Walt came over for games and homemade ice cream.  We played ‘golf’ for a bit and then made the ice cream….it was terrific.  Very, very rich, each of us only took a small bit.  Jan and Walt left just after 9, and Michael and I read for a bit before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.