Thursday, June 2, 2011

onion holder, beginning of beaded wall hanging

Michael left VERY early for golf on Wednesday (6/1) and Nancy and I had changed our normal Tuesday get-together to Wednesday.  I was supposed to go to her house, but she sent an email asking if I would mind going to Mary Jo’s (cloth store) instead.  WOULD I MIND????  WHAT, IS SHE EVEN CRAZY ENOUGH TO ASK???  Mary Jo’s is mecca for us fiber floozies, so I jumped right on the bandwagon.  I keep a running list by my sewing machine of things to look for ‘the next time I go to Mary Jo’s.’  So we headed out before 10 and stimulated the economy quite a bit (for once, I wasn’t the winner…Nancy was.   You retreat people will certainly understand that statement  J), before heading off to Tony’s for lunch.  I got home around 2 PM and took my time unpacking all of my plunder from Mary Jo’s.  What I immediately started to make was an onion holder out of nylon net!!!  I bought 5 pounds of Vidalia onions from one of my quilting buddies (her grandson was selling as a fund raiser) and now have to store them.  You know how it really helps to keep your onions hanging in an old nylon stocking?  They last much longer.  Well, I decided to make a ‘permanent’ onion holder with a tube out of nylon net, a fabric top that could hang on a hook, and twist ties separating the onions.  Here it is:
 

I had taken a casserole out of the freezer for dinner, so I didn’t have to spend any time cooking in the afternoon.  We put it in the oven on the ‘delayed start’ setting and went over to Susan’s for a happy hour.  When we got home, the house smelled heavenly and Michael and I loved the casserole so much that we had trouble not polishing off the whole thing!  I put together 2 jam/cheese logs to take to quilting on Thursday, and then spent the rest of the evening knitting, while Michael was watching TV.

 Here’s a picture of the wall hanging quilted, but without any beading:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.