Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I’ve been a bit irritated lately because I keep coming across recipes that use cooked chicken…and I don’t have any.  So, our local grocery had a good sale on split chicken breasts.  I bought 2 packs and layered them in a dry 6 quart crockpot this morning and put it out on the back deck (where all warm appliances go to cook in the summer months) on low before I left to visit Nancy.  We had a wonderful Tuesday morning (as always) and I got home around 12:30.  Michael was watching TV, but he got up within the hour to shower and change into his suit and go off for another audition.  This time he was supposed to be a doctor performing laser eye surgery…we’ll see what comes of that…he said it was the shortest audition he ever had!  He picked up a pizza on the way home, and we ate an early dinner.  He left around 6 to pick up Larry and go to the movies.  I got the chicken out of the crockpot and the meat just fell off the bone!  I had 3 pounds of cooked breast meat in about 15 minutes…it was so easy I would definitely do that again! I got everything cleaned up and spent the rest of the night in the basement sewing. 

Michael also worked on my computer again and found a bunch of pictures that got ‘lost’ when it got infected by the virus.  Here are some of the party pictures:





1 comment:

  1. So you put the chicken in the crock pot with no liquid ???? how long and what setting did you use ?

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.