Wednesday, September 23, 2015


We are here….we are here….we are here….hope you get that reference.  We are home safe and sound after a wonderful trip to Connecticut & New York.  I hope I will be rested enough and have enough time over the weekend to write it all up and let you know what we did….stay tuned…

***************

Thursday (9/17) was mostly about quilting.  I got both of my recent quilts trimmed at quilting…that was a blessing.  It is hard for me to trim at home because of the limited room….I am always afraid that part of the quilt will be folded under what I’m cutting….that would be a disaster.  June and I talked a lot about the retreat next week…we are both working on the same pattern…that should be really neat.  Only one sad note….the retreat committee has been working really hard over the past couple of weeks to set up everything for us.  One of the members on the committee told me that 2 of the quilters had been so nasty to her that she will never be on a retreat committee again …how sad is that!?  I don’t understand people sometimes…luckily it is apparently a very small number of the quilters attending.  I told her that the committee had already done a great job and that I was sure it was going to be wonderful.  Shortly after I got home we had a visit from our internet/TV/phone provider….our TV DVR had stopped working and that caused problems with everything (thus, no blog entry on Thursday morning).  Anyway…although it took a bit of time….all was finally resolved.  Michael and I spent the rest of the night packing for our trip to CT, and packing up Cookie and sending her off to her new home for the next 6 days.  Pam has watched Cookie before…I know she’ll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.