Thursday, September 17, 2015

Carolyn's hat & mittens, Cookie & Elsie


So, lest you think I am the only one doing things for Clinton School, I wanted to show you the adorable hat and mittens that my friend Carolyn donated on Tuesday: 
 
I love this yarn and she did such a cute job! 

There was some kind of tournament going on at our golf course on Wednesday (9/16), so Michael and Phil headed out to Edgewater.  I finally got the last 2 rows of quilting done on Barb’s quilt before taking soup and rolls and heading out to visit with Loree.  I stayed for a couple of hours and we talked and talked and talked!!  When I got home, I thought to myself “you can tell the weather is getting colder”….my babies are getting closer to snuggling: 
 
After that, I just had time to have a little lunch before heading up to the Lake House to talk to a woman who will be moving in, in a few months.  She wants to become active in the volunteer Club and wanted some information from me.  We sat in the cafĂ© and talked for almost 2 hours, and I don’t think she’ll have any trouble fitting in and making friends once she gets here.  By the time I got home, Michael was home with an 86 that he seemed happy about.  We both spent a little time reading, then had dinner.  After dinner Michael left for rehearsal, and Paula came down to talk for a bit.  We never seem to run out of things to talk about (hmmm…seems that same way with all of my friends :~)  Michael was home just after 9 and we watched a bit of TV before heading for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.