Wednesday, September 2, 2015

tutorial on tomato sauce & crab salad



Here’s what the tomatoes look like after cooking for 12 hours:    
lots of liquid there

 And as you can see, I now prop up the side of the lid with a chopstick and let them continue to cook for another couple of hours.  



3 hours later



























 That way, a lot of the liquid cooks off and I get a thicker sauce.  Then I just bring them back inside and dump them into a big bowl.  A couple of turns with my stick blender and voila….tomato sauce!  



I got that done before Jan picked me up at 10 AM.  We headed to Tyndall Furniture to get her new chair (still not delivered after 4-1/2 MONTHS) straightened out.  That took so much time that we never made it to Trader Joes…just headed to lunch at THE BREW and then she dropped me off at Stitch & Chat before heading for home.  I had the nicest thing happen at S&C….a fellow knitter/quilter/machine embroiderer...Barbara M... gave me a set of the cutest designs embroidered on cream colored squares.  She made them to help me with making quilts for Clinton School!!!  They are so cute….animals playing in the rain…pictures tomorrow! 

While I was out, Michael put together his crab salad, a nice light summer meal that we’ll eat for the next couple of days.  

 
he cooker macaroni and mixed it with celery

added in mayonnaise

then tossed in the crab.  He forgot to add a scallion from the deck, so I'll add tomorrow


When I got home I was very lazy and just continued to read my book.  I am currently into a muder mystery series by Donna Leon.  They are all set in Venice and I really like Brunetti…the detective in the series.  There’s a lot of history/information about Venice within the books, but I’m not sure I’d like to visit, as the entire country seems to be falling back into the water!  Anyway, Michael had leftover pizza for dinner, while I skipped everything, still being full from lunch.  He left after 6 to pick up Larry for the movies, and Joanne & Jeannie came by to chat and knit and socialize.  It was a really nice day.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.