Wednesday, September 9, 2015

new dino embroideries, free yarn


Michael left at 8 AM on Tuesday (9/8) for golfing at a course several hours away.  I got a little sewing done in the morning before Jan picked me up at 9:30. 
 
We headed to her car dealers to get her OHIO STATE vanity plate put on the front of the car…then headed to HANCOCKS.  Now, I recently bought 10 yards of polar fleece (for the backs of the Clinton School quilts) for 5 bucks a yard from Joann's.  After buying that…I found some for 4 bucks a yard on the internet, but only in light gray not the cream I preferred.  So, I decided to hold off on buying anything else until I used up the 10 yards I first bought.  Jan and I walk into HANCOCKS, and I’m looking for a blue chaco marker (which they don’t have) and Jan notices that their polar fleece is on sale for $3.97.  PLUS…I have a coupon for 15 % off my entire purchase, so I decide to get the bolt of cream they have for $3.38 a yard….SCORE!  Now I have 20 yards of cream polar fleece…I think I’m all set for quilt awhile…and I need to sew faster  :~).  After that we headed to lunch at a place recommended by our friends Beth & Carolyn (PJ O'Reilly's)….only to find a notice on the door that “by order of the sherriff”, it was closed!  So, we headed into Panera, then stopped at WALMART before Jan dropped me off at Stitch & Chat.  I had a good time there, and scored some incredible yarn.  There was a bunch of yarn on the “free for the taking table”, can you guess why I picked up this: 
 
Isn’t it all gorgeous…especially the ribbon yarn on the right?  Anyway, I can’t wait to make a few gorgeous scarves out of it.  Joanne stopped by Jan’s on the way home so that I could pick up all of my stuff.  After that I spent a bit of time working on our carpet…it’s almost impossible to keep up with Elsie’s digestive upsets :~(.  I finally got to my studio around 6 PM and continued embroidering and sewing on Michael’s old quilt. 
He got home around 8 PM and we were both beat.  So, we talked for a bit, then he got cleaned up and we settled in to watch TV for a bit before bed.

1 comment:

  1. Of course we know why you picked up the yarn !!! You're a Floozie.... mjnct

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.