Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Ethyl & her quilt, Norm & Judy


Michael took Cookie for a walk early Tuesday morning (9/15) and I left with Jan for breakfast.  We sat at breakfast for a long time, looking at quilt books we both brought and talking about what we want to do next.  After that we headed straight up to Ethel’s to drop off her quilt: 
 
She seemed pleased with it and told me she will have another one for me as soon as her backing and batting come in.  Next we headed up South Blvd to Joann’s….Jan wanted to look at small/portable irons, and I wanted more long pins for Miss Scarlett.  On the way home we stopped at Norm’s (the Viking dealer and a really sweet guy)
Norm & Judy (his store manager)
 
for Jan to buy bobbins.  Norm tried to entice me to buy the new embroidery machine coming out (for 14 THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!) but I resisted  :~).  I got home and immediately hopped in the golf cart and headed up to Stitch & Chat.  It was nice to see and talk to everyone and actually get some knitting done as well.  When I got home, I sat on the back porch with my honey for a bit, then came inside to continue reading my newest book.  I am really enjoying this entire series from Donna Leon…but I still can’t figure out why anyone would want to live in Venice :~).  We had PAPA MURPHY”S pizza for dinner, then Michael left for the movies and Jeannie, Joanne & Barb all came down to knit and talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.