Saturday, September 26, 2015

bread, giant cookies, hydrangeas



When Michael and I were watching TV Thursday night….we were both disappointed that there was nothing good to eat in the house….so I hopped up Friday morning (9/25) and made sandwich bread 

 and some giant chocolate chip cookies.  
they're so big they only fit 4 to a cookie sheet!















Half of a loaf of bread went to our neighbors Ann Mary & Jim as a small thank you for taking care of our cat while we were away, and the other half (along with some cookies) went with me to Loree & Reg’s house.  Loree and I had another great visit…I swear…we could be together for SIX hours and never stop talking :~).  I hit the grocery store on the way home, and came home to this: 


 Finally....FINALLY our hydrangeas are blooming...not the huge blooms of past years...but enough small ones that my honey made a beautiful bouquet.  I settled in for the rest of the afternoon to read my book.  We got cleaned up in the late afternoon and picked up Susan & Jim and headed off to dinner at MAMA RICOTTA’s… fabulous as always, and to see THE PATRON SAINT OF LOSING SLEEP at Actor’s Theatre.  The play didn’t have an intermission, so we were home by 10:30 to a small glass of Amaretto, and bit more reading before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.