Friday, September 4, 2015

appetizers at SHQ



Michael got invited to play golf on Thursday (9/3), so he left around 8 AM.  I packed the car and headed off to quilting just after 9.   I got Ethel’s quilt trimmed (thx so much to Lisa, without whom it would now be a terrible mess :~) and got all of my bobbin ends sewn in.  It’s ready for the binding, just as soon as I can get it made.  Since it was the first Thursday of the month…it was food day at Scrap Happy Quilters and the theme was appetizers and WOW – did people come through!   


















Everything was heavenly, and I think my ham/cheese/poppyseed sandwiches were enjoyed by all.  


 I got home around 2 PM and Michael was already home….THRILLED with his score of 82!   I had time to do a little reading before Al (our financial planner from Connecticut) showed up.  He moved his daughter to Asheville and combined that with a swing through several southern states to see his clients.  We’re still solvent (at least for this year :~) and after going over everything, we headed out to STONE MOUNTAIN GRILL in Ballentyne for dinner.  We had an appetizer of warmed brie with lots of fruit and crackers, then Michael and Al had wedge salads.  Al said his was the best he’s ever had anywhere….WHOO HOO!!  Then Al had prime rib, Michael had bourbon glazed salmon, and I had crabcakes.  Everything was excellent including the brownie sundae that we all split for dessert.  We all rolled out to our cars and Al headed for the airport (early morning flight on Friday) while we headed home.  We both decided just to read for an hour or so before heading to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Deb, everything looked great at SHQ yesterday. Sorry I was unable to come. Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.