Friday, September 11, 2015

Spanish coffee cake reprise, Michael's original quilt top, rose



I hopped up early Thursday morning (9/10) to use up the last cup of buttermilk making a Spanish coffee cake to take into quilting.  

 Michael left early for an eye appointment and Willa picked me up just after 9 AM to go to quilting.  I think the coffee cake was a big hit…there was none left to bring home :~).  I worked all afternoon on Michael’s original quilt (except for a delightful visit from Pat) and by dinnertime…the top was FINALLY done:   

Trust me, a miracle in the making  :~).  I was very excited and got out my 108” wide blue backing to laod up and do both the THREE DUDES QUILT and Michae’s original quilt….and I don’t have enough :~(.  I was really bummed….loading up and quilting 2 quilts at once is a big time saver for me.  Anyway, dropping back to plan “B”…but I don’t know what that is yet.  Michael made halushki’s for dinner (with a 1/4 of a mountain cabbage from Paula and it was a spectacular dinner !) and I continued to work on embroideries until around 8 when I headed upstairs to watch TV and snuggle with my honey.

PS - our rose bush is still throwing off the occasional, spectacular bloom:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.