Tuesday, September 15, 2015

BISQUICK at Cooking Fingers, start of Barb's Clinton quilt, soup & rolls



It got down into the 50’s Sunday night, so the house was SO COOL Monday morning (9/14)…at least one of us thought it was great :~).  After Michael left for golf at Stonebridge, I got sausage soup in the crockpot.  This is a great recipe that my friend Barb W shared with me last year…I tweaked it just a bit so that I could cook it in the crockpot, and today I figured it would be cool enough that we could have soup for dinner.  After that it was time to head to the lake House for Cooking Fingers.  Today’s program was all about BISQUICK.  The demonstrators said they had a lot of problems finding recipes that tasted good (and would hold up to re-heating).  I have to admit, I only use BISQUICK for my jam/cheese log and for those sausage/cheese balls, but everything they served was yummy, especially the 2 cookies…one a raspberry bar cookie and one called a S’MORES cookie.  They also had the sausage cheese balls, a crab puff and a spinach/egg casserole.  

 In the afternoon I finished quilting Michael’s quilt and layered on Barb’s Clinton quilt.   


By then it was time to head upstairs to get rolls made for dinner.  


 We sent soup and rolls across the street to Anne & Bryce 

 and I got a couple of quarts frozen as well.  Michael left at 6:30 for a board meeting, and then for his first rehearsal, and I worked on getting the pattern laid out just right on the new quilt.  By 8 PM I was beat and headed upstairs to finally watch the men’s finals from the US OPEN and knit.  Michael came home around 10 and we watched just a bit of TV before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.