Friday, February 27, 2015

snow?



Here was the headline Thursday morning (2/26)

note picture...and use of the word "major"

 here’s what it looked like when I opened the front door   




 Actually, Michael DID manage to find enough snow (from Tuesday’s storm) to make a quasi-snowman:  
 




 People of the northeast…..don’t hate us….JOIN US  :~)

Anyway, everything was cancelled in anticipation of 3 – 6 inches of white stuff, so I thought I’d just sew all day…but June came over to quilt one of her quilts.  It was certainly a challenge as there are “flanges” on the top that she didn’t want to get caught in the quilting.  We quilted for a bit, but I had to stop and make cookies (chocolate chip) to be bagged up and sold at Fort Mill Playhouse in the evening…so when I finally got going on the cookies, June headed for home.  I got them all done (and Michael bagged them all up) and headed downstairs for a nap.  I think I just went up and down the stairs WAY too many times, and my legs were killing me.  I don’t think I fell asleep, but putting my legs up for an hour really made them feel a lot better.  By then it was 5 PM and I put on leftovers to warm up and took a quick shower.  Michael and I ate dinner, he showered and changed and we headed off at 6:30 to the playhouse, to help out with the concessions.  We had a good time talking to everyone….sold many packs of cookies and a few glasses of wine, and were home by 10:30.  We read for a bit and finally made it to bed at mid-night.

1 comment:

  1. LOL!! Was that headline supposed to be ironic? I scoff at snowmaggedon claims as well, but I also know it can be a true mess when it snows in the South, and what has happened in the area of Boston has been just tragic. See this: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/20/opinion/bostons-winter-from-hell.html?smid=tw-nytopinion&_r=0 Unfortunately, this doesn't make headlines.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.