Friday, February 13, 2015

Cookie & Elsie, birthday guests



There may have been a tiny bit of confusion over the quilt picture I posted a few days ago.  I made the top of the quilt several years ago for the front bedroom beds(and I have a second one just like it that I hope you will see in a few days).  Both of the quilts were actually quilted during the 12 days after Christmas challenge.  Now I’m in the process of labeling and binding them.  One is done (the picture from a few days ago) and one is in progress.  (Clear as mud now….right?) These quilts are numbers 22 & 23 done on Miss Scarlett and are my first 2 quilts done in 2015…hope that clears things up.  Even though they were originally made for our front bedroom, they may end up being donated for the Sterling School project…stay tuned to find out what happens :~).

Michael left at 8:45 Thursday morning (2/12) for golfing at Old Sycamore, and I left at 9:15 for quilting.  We had a wonderful time at quilting…I’m working on the same old quilt I always do on Thursdays….maybe by June or July it will finally be a finished quilt top and you’ll get to see it!  I was home by 2 PM after a quick stop at the library, and proceeded to the sewing room get a label made and start binding another quilt (with a little bit of company).  

I made good progress on the binding and came upstairs at 6 PM to redd up the house and set everything out for our guests, who were due to arrive at 7 PM.   

 Most of Michael’s golfing buddies came (2 were ill) and we all had a great time talking and laughing and eating birthday cake and ice cream and drinking champagne.   
Gerry & Phil

Gale

Eileen & Bob

Deanna & the birthday boy

Ralph & Candyce

Larry




















































































The cake received lots of kudo’s (it took me THREE different cake recipes and THREE different frosting recipes until I finally found the perfect combination several years ago)…and we now have less than 1/2 of it left…which is GOOD!  Everyone left around 9 PM and Michael and I just sat and read our books in front of the fire until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.