Thursday, February 19, 2015

pecan pancakes, Pat's quilt



It’s going to be such a boring week with everything cancelled due to the frigid weather, that we decided to treat ourselves to pecan pancakes and bacon for breakfast on Wednesday (2/18).   















Pat came down at 10 AM to pick up her quilt and she seemed pleased with it….

 she would have been THRILLED to have it finished AT ALL if she knew how much work and prayer went into the finishing of it :~).  I finally headed downstairs and got busy on my quilting.  When I went to check Pat’s quilt off of the TO DO list I created in CT, I found I have 4 of the 13 things done…YAY!!  Those were the arm chair covers….both green/blue/purple quilts which were originally for the front bedroom…and Pat’s quilt...I am thrilled.  That is the good news….the bad news is that 7 of the remaining things involve quilting already finished tops  :~(.  Anyway, I ironed the top of the purple tulip quilt.  I thought I had to put a border on it to make it big enough for a single bed quilt…but it is big enough already….so, yet ANOTHER quilt top done that I cannot quilt  :~(.  So….to cheer myself up…I started something new  :~).  My latest Missouri Star magazine had an illusions quilt that I really liked, so that is what I hope to make out of the leftover napkin fabric.  I sewed all day, Michael cooked a PaPa Murphy’s pizza for dinner which he said was yummy (garlic cream sauce, chicken, tomatoes, herbs and scallions) and I continued to sew until 8 when I headed upstairs to knit and watch TV with my hon.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'll have to go to Denny's for dinner after seeing those Yummy pancakes and bacon !!! (MJ in CT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I wrote a comment on this post the other day but I must not have hit publish, haha. This quilt is GORGEOUS, Deb!!! I've been wanting to make a patriotic quilt for sone time, just need to get on it :) ~ Debra

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.