Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Cooking Fingers Valentine's Tea, double pinwheel quilt



Michael ended up cancelling golf on Monday (2/9) and he felt he made a good call since it started to rain at 10 AM.  I got to work on my binding a bit before leaving just after 10 AM to pick up Jeannie and head up to the Lake House for the Valentine Tea.   
this was our table

people decorated in many different ways...



our table again with the caramel popcorn in bags...


 We filled the whole ballroom!

 Here's just SOME of the food:



 Here's my plate (with 8 savories and 3 sweets!)

We had a wonderful time….the food was truly incredible and all of our table guests seemed to appreciate their favors of bags of caramel popcorn.  I was home by 1 PM and spent the afternoon working on binding and by dinnertime…..voila…..the quilt was done!   














When I came home from Connecticut, I made a TO DO list of 13 items which need to be done before I start something new :~(…..Gale’s arm covers were first on the list….this quilt is #2….I’m on my way.  The quilt was originally made for the front bedroom …but I think it will end up being donated to Sterling School.  Michael and I had Mexican chicken soup for dinner, then he left for a board meeting at Fort Mill Playhouse, while I watched TV and worked on my sweater.

1 comment:

  1. Nice photo of you at the luncheon ! Tables and food looked great. Quilt is lovely too. I think you should keep it ! How did you come up with the number "13" for your todo list ?

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.