Wednesday, February 4, 2015

rye bread, BG's tumbling blocks, puffy things, my honey, flowers



Here’s a picture of the rye bread from yesterday….looks like something out of a magazine….doesn’t it?


I think Steven (BG's hubby) spent most of the day Monday outside, snowblowing everything in sight  :~(.   At one point while he was outside, we looked out and it was snowing SIDEWAYS …and really hard too.  We were snug inside slaving away over our sewing machines.  BG started to put the background on her tumbling blocks…I LOVE her layout and may have to copy some of it….after all…imitation IS the sincerest form of flattery…right?  


 I continued to work on the mile-a-minute blocks, and found a happy surprise.  I thought I needed 42 9" by 12 " blocks to make a single bed quilt….but I only need 36!  With 2-1/2 inch sashing I’ll be at the right size.  I could make 12 mile-a-minute blocks every month, and have a new, totally out of tiny scraps, quilt every year.  That’s seems much more do-able than working on them for 5 straight days!  We made puffy things in the afternoon ….brie/carmelized onion bites…
before baking....

and after...




































and had another smurfy pork dinner.  BG & I continued sewing until 10, then talked for an hour before bed.

******************

We were up at 7 AM on Tuesday (2/3) and sewed for just a tiny bit before I began packing for home :~(.  We left just after 10 for Providence, RI and I got there just an hour ahead of take-off.  I was really sad to leave CT, but very glad to get home to my honey.  THIS is what greeted me at the airport.   

He thought it would be fun to look devastatingly handsome when he came to pick me up  :~).  Once I got home, these also greeted me  


What a fabulous homecoming.  We snuggled and talked until 7 PM, when Michael left to go to the movies (some submarine thing) and I basically collapsed on the sofa and watched TV until he got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.