Thursday, February 26, 2015

Elsie & Cookie a trois, rainbow quilt, Paula & Cookie



Michael took the dog for a walk Wednesday morning (2/25) while I headed to the studio to finally get the binding finished on the rainbow quilt.  I had furry company:    







 By lunchtime I had this (several people who read the blog and have also seen the quilts in person keep telling me that the pictures don’t do them justice….so….if you’re one of the people who only sees the pics on the blog…you’ll just have to visit  :~)   
















 This quilt was totally made based on my entrelac sweater.  It seems like almost everyone smiles when they see that sweater...and I think it is because it is in rainbow colors...so I decided to make a rainbow quilt.  For those keeping track, this is the 27th quilt I have done on Miss Scarlett...my 6th one this year...and the 5th quilt I will be donating for the Sterling School project.

Anyway, Michael actually got to go out and sneak in 18 (short) holes of golf…YAY…while Jan and I drove down to Loree’s to off load a ton of stuff for the food bank into her car (quilting was cancelled for Thursday due to predicted snow and I have had this stuff in my car for 2 weeks already).  By the time I got home, Paula came down for a visit.  She hasn’t been home in AGES (first a cruise, then a visit to her sister in LA) and we talked and talked and talked and talked…it was WONDERFUL!   

Cookie's new best friend....Cookie wouldn't leave her alone!

 We finally wandered back upstairs ‘cause Paula said the smell was driving her crazy….my honey made halushki’s for dinner (fried cabbage & noodles).  After dinner I went back downstairs to sew for just a bit on the illusions quilt, then Janice called to remind me it was Wednesday (I was totally out of it for that and Janice said she can’t wait for the day when SHE doesn’t ever know what day it is :~) and we had our weekly SKYPE session.  I was back upstairs by 8:30 and spent the evening ripping out side quilting stitches and watching TV with my honey.

1 comment:

  1. Cookie you traitor!! You love me best Cookie, ME!!! ~You KNOW who this is :)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.