Saturday, February 7, 2015

Mexican Chicken Soup, corn bread, Cookie, Ann Mary & Jim



I jumped up at o-dark hundred on Friday (2/6) and put Mexican Chicken Soup in the crockpot 
eh voila....8 hours later...

before heading out for a big shopping trip.  A woman in the Machine Embroidery Club knew of a fabric warehouse sale about an hour away from SCCL, so I picked up Jeannie on the way and met everyone else at the Sales Center at 8 AM and took off.  OMgoodness….I’ve been buying 108 inch wide fabrics (for my quilt backings) from somewhere out west, at a good price, but then I had to pay shipping on top of it.  Forget that….now I can go here and get it, still at a good price, and not have to pay shipping  :~).  We shopped and shopped, then stopped at PANERA for lunch, then all headed for Pat’s house where we all bought yards off of other people’s bolts of fabric!  I got home at 3 PM and I was exhausted, so I took a nap until 4.  Michael got me up and I put together 2 loaves of corn bread, 


 and then got started on the binding of a quilt.  When I came upstairs to do a few last minute things before dinner, I snapped this:   
 
hangin' with dad

Ann Mary & Jim 

 came over at 6 for dinner, and we left at 7 to see the RED VELVET CAKE WARS in Rock Hill.  The play was good, but very long and we didn’t get home until 11.  We read for a little bit before bed….but I really got sucked into my book , and didn’t stop reading until 1 AM!!  That made it very hard to get up at 6:50 AM on Saturday….but I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.