Saturday, February 14, 2015

Elsie & Cookie a trois



We slept in a tiny bit on Friday (2/13)…must have been the champagne :~), but shortly after breakfast we both ended up in the studio.  I spent over an hour loading in a bunch of new quilting designs I had received from Diane & Kay, then set up the program for a patriotic quilt from a customer.  Since we were both downstairs…we had company :~)




 We were out of sandwich bread, so I got 2 loaves baked by 1 PM and ran 1/2 a loaf over to our neighbors Ginny & Ken, who had a very hectic week due to a visit to the emergency room.  Everything seems ok for the moment, but Ken is obviously allergic to something, and they have to find out what.  I thought a bread delivery would be pretty innocuous.  Loree also came by for a visit, and to buy some of the black tone-on-tone I scored for our tumbling blocks.  By 5:30 PM Michael and I were all cleaned up and took off for dinner and THE WIZRD OF OZ in Lancaster.  Several of our friends were in the cast, and the show was OK, but not even close to the professional level that we saw one year at a community theatre while visiting my friend Cathy in Deleware.  We were home by 11 PM (it was a long show, it started at 7:30) and read for a bit before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.