Saturday, February 28, 2015

coffee cake, new quilt



I was so bored Friday morning (2/27) that I decided to make a coffee cake for breakfast.   















This is the one that Michael refers to as “Drake’s Cake on Steroids”.  Then I headed to the studio to start something new.  I got my first set of strips cut and my strata put together for a new quilt….can you guess the pattern?  


 Yep, I’m doing another rainbow quilt…I loved the first one so much…and I don’t even have to buy anything to complete a second one….I have enough material in scraps and stash to do it.  I worked on that all day and even got some of my blocks made before heading upstairs for dinner.  I thawed out some Italian Wedding Soup and we both ate that before heading out to Debbie & Larry’s for coffee and dessert.  There were about 5 other couples there and we had a wonderful time talking to everyone, while sharing a Texas sheet cake with ice cream.  We were home before 10 and watched a bit of TV before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.