Monday, February 16, 2015

a finished quilt, Michael's pen & ink drawings



HAPPY VALENTINE’s DAY - Michael left at 10 AM on Saturday morning for a shotgun start at SCCL and I headed downstairs to begin quilting one of my neighbor’s quilt.  After a LOT of ripping where I never even got through the 3rd of 10 rows, I shut everything down :~(.  When I was at the store on Wednesday, Berry indicated that the techs had figured out that static electricity was causing many of the problems, and they have developed a new control box with a static guard in it.  I think I have to wait until I get the new one….it took me 1-1/2 hours to rip out the quilting pattern that suddenly started to quilt on top of the previous row.  I headed upstairs for lunch, then it was back down to work on the binding of my own quilt.  We had leftover pizza for dinner and I worked on the quilt until 7:30 and I had this:   















YAY – another one totally finished.  Michael made popcorn and we snuggled on the couch watching AND SO IT GOES, a movie I got from the library with Michael Douglas (MAN…does he ever look like his father) and Diane Keaton.  It was a cute movie and afterwards we watched a couple of Big Bangs and then went to bed….a wonderful Valentines day.

***************

Michael ran to the store early Sunday morning, while I did up a few dishes in the kitchen.  We had a quick breakfast, and I got Italian Wedding Soup into the crockpot before heading to the studio once again.  I tried to work a bit more on the quilt on Miss Scarlett….I sprayed my pants and shoes up and down with liquid fabric softener, and didn’t get any shocks, but my machine was still acting up  :~(.  So I dropped back to working on the tulip quilt and by dinnertime all of the blocks were together.  Michael has been working a lot on his zentangles while watching golf, as well as his pen & ink drawings and he finally took some pictures of them.   

 
doesn't this make your brain hurt?

a picture of Chloe he drew from a photograph

this is Mandy

and this was Buster as a kitten





















































We had soup and rolls for dinner and the soup was awesome!!  By 7:30 we were snuggled on the couch watching TV until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.