Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Tuesday night social club?


YAY – I woke up several times Monday night…but fell right back to sleep and didn’t get up until 7 AM on Tuesday (12/2).  I have 3 luncheons in a row this week….today is the Stitch & Chat luncheon…I signed up to bring ‘artisan bread’ and butter…but of course I’m going to make rolls instead :~) and bake them at the luncheon.  Tomorrow I’m going out with a few friends for lunch, and then Thursday is the regular Scrap Happy Quilters monthly luncheon….and so the great food fest of December begins!  I sewed a bit in the morning Tuesday, along with making roll dough.  Michael reminded me I had a turkey carcass (actually 1-1/2 carcasses….carcassi?) out on the deck in the crockpot, so I got that turkey stock drained and put away and put the other 1-1/2 carcasses back out for more stock.  I had VERY generous friends this year who gave me a total of THREE carcasses…turkey barley soup….here I come!!!  Joanne swung by at NOON to pick up me and my rolls and we headed up to the Lake House.  Luckily Paula was there to turn on the oven for me (why do they make them so UN-intuitive these days???)  and the rolls got baked and we proceeded with lunch.  I sat with a very nice group of people for lunch and we all had a good time talking.  When I got home I gave  Jan a call and ran up to the grocery store to pick up some spinach for her, then dropped by the house to drop off 2 books as well.  Michael and I had dinner and watched just a 1/2 hour of TV before he headed off to the movies and I had some ladies over for knitting.  I made homemade Baileys and Joanne brought a cream cheese/chocolate chip cheese ball with cookies for dipping….YUM!!!!!  We had a great time talking and laughing…it was a wonderful evening.
Joanne, Barbara, Beth, Carolyn, Jeannie
 
Michael left for golf on Wednesday (12/3) before 8 AM, even though it was raining, and I spent the morning in the studio.  At lunch time I headed over to pick up Jan, and to meet Carolyn & Beth at the Blue Heron for a lovely lunch.  We sat and talked for quite awhile after lunch and it was wonderful.  Jan and I made a quick stop at the library before heading home.  Michael came home from golfing shortly after I did and we talked for a bit, then I headed downstairs to sew a bit more.  We had spaghetti & meatballs for dinner, and watched TV and knit for the rest of the night.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.