Tuesday, December 16, 2014


Even though there was a frost delay on Monday (12/15), Michael left for golfing at Fort Mill by 9 AM.  I headed to the store to pick up bagels sliced on the bread slicer, and 3 toppings (whipped butter, port wine cheese spread & garden cream cheese) for our Christmas party for volunteers.  This is the FIRST Christmas party we’ve had in 8 years!!!  I asked people if they were interested in bringing food to the last meeting of the year and everyone was very enthusiastic…and of course, I had NEVER seen at least 1/4 of the people who attended…free food always bring certain people out  :~).  We had a very short meeting and our election of officers for 2015.  The election was very emotional for me, for a number of reasons that are too long to go into on the blog, and when the time came to vote, I did what I thought I would do….I didn’t vote….I decided to leave it up to God.  It turns out that God (and the voters) think that Ida and I have been doing a good job as co-presidents, and we were re-elected.  This means that I will have less free time next year (I spent a LOT of time in 2014 working on stuff for volunteers), but I think we will again have a good year in 2015.  I had a few errands to run after the meeting and didn’t get home until 1 PM.  I spent a bit of time reading and a bit of time sewing until my honey got home from the course with a score of 85.  We talked for a long time (at the Volunteer meeting I found out several additional things about a recent drive we had that I was not happy about), and I think it was good to get a lot of things off of my chest.  Anyway, at 5:30 PM we picked up Ginny & Ken and met 12 of our other neighbors at STICKY FINGERS for dinner (a BBQ/rib place).  We had a good dinner, and retired back to Anne & Bryce’s for dessert and conversation afterwards.  It was a very pleasant evening after the stress of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.