Tuesday, December 30, 2014

4th day after Christmas (BG's quilt), Cookie


On the 4th day after Christmas (Monday, 12/29) my honey let me be,
The result i-is what you now see





BG brought 4 quilts with her when she came down in July, hoping to quilt them herself on my machine…of course, since I had only had it for 2 months at that point….it was still not working  :~(.  But now it is and I have finally quilted the first of her quilts.  She’s giving it to one of her granddaughters, so I quilted it with my favorite heart pattern.  I changed it just a little to make the hearts overlap on every other row and I love it.  At 76-1/2 by 94-1/2 it is the largest quilt I have done so far.  And it is SO NICE to quilt a quilt I don't have to label and bind  :-).

As for other news….Michael reminded me, so I called the dentist first thing in the morning….but because I am NOT in pain (yet), I can’t get an appointment until NEXT Monday :~(.  Michael asked if I wanted him to sock me in the jaw…since if I were in pain, they would fit me in.  Meanwhile I am worried about other pieces of tooth chipping off…as it is, I am SURE he is going to tell me that I need a crown on that tooth.  Oh well…nothing I can do about it, so I might as well quilt  :~).  All of my flat rate goodie boxes got sent out today while I quilted all day.  At one point, when I went upstairs, this is what I saw: 
 
How do they always find the new quilt?  Michael made latkes again for dinner, In the evening, I continued to knit while we watched a couple of Major Crimes before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.