Friday, December 12, 2014

bedazzled pad & pen


It was again in the 20’s when we got up on Thursday morning (12/11), but Michael played in the Santa Claus open here at SCCL anyway.  I headed to quilting for our Christmas party….oh my goodness….it was FABULOUS!!!  We had a finger food theme and I couldn’t believe what people came up with….and no duplicates.  Even though there were 2 bacon wrapped entries….one was around tiny hot dogs and one was wrapped around water chestnuts.  We all served ourselves, then sat around a huge arrangement of tables (I think there were about 35 of us) and did the Chinese Auction game…where you can open a new gift, or steal one from someone who has one you want.  Quite a bit of stealing went on, and I ended up with a beautiful, bedazzled notebook and matching pen which I just love. 
 
I always have to have a pad and pen by my sewing machine…and a pad and pen on my nightstand…and a pad and pen on my TV watching table.  That way, when I think of something (which I am constantly doing because I always have 10 or 12 subjects going on in my head at a time….hmmm…that might explain a few things)…I have someplace to write it down.  I made a brief stop at the library to pick up a couple of book on the way home, and was home by 1 PM.  I set out all of my baking supplies to get warm (or as warm as they can get in our refrigerator of a house!) and headed to my studio to continue sewing.  I sewed for about an hour, then headed upstairs and made dough for hot cocoa cookies, sugar cookies and made and baked raspberry chocolate bars….all for my tea on Friday.  By then Michael was home and decided to take a quick shower before we both headed downstairs again.  He had food after the open, so wasn’t hungry for dinner…and I was still stuffed from brunch, so I skipped it as well.  He worked on his computer for a bit while I….wait for it….sewed….SURPRISE!!!  We headed upstairs around 8 to make popcorn and watch STAR WARS….number 5…it was terrific…can’t wait to watch 6.  By then we were both beat and headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.