Sunday, December 28, 2014

2nd day after Christmas...tan/blue quilt


On the second day after Christmas (12/27) my honey let me be (he went golfing);

The result i-is what you now see


 
 
This is the quilt that I did immediately after retreat….the one that I cut up Michael’s original blue fabric that I wasn’t quite done with  :~).  This is my first quilt for the Sterling School Project.  A local church (actually it is my friend Paula’s church) identified many kids within Sterling School who had NEVER had a bed to sleep in  :~(.  The church took on the project of building easy-to-assemble bed frames…the church is also buying the mattresses and sheet sets, and they asked our quilt group if we could provide quilts for some of the beds…so, this is my first.  It is also the quilt that I used to distract Michael when I was quilting his quilt.   What I mean is…I loaded up a double length of blue fabric and a double length of batting on Miss Scarlet.  When Michael was out golfing I got his quilt basted on, then I just threw this Sterling School quilt over the whole frame so that he couldn’t see HIS quilt (this was Nancy H’s suggestion and it worked beautifully).  I figured he wouldn’t look closely enough to tell that it wasn’t quilted.  I got his all quilted, then quickly rolled it up and started to quilt this blue/tan quilt.  He never noticed a thing….YAY! 
 
 
As for the rest of the day, I continued to work on projects to hopefully keep my “12 days” going.  Paula came by for SEVERAL hours and helped me load up Miss Scarlet for another quilt, and watched the process of it stitching out.  Michael was out golfing here at SCCL for much of the day, and came home very disappointed with his score.  He’s going to sign up for a few refresher lessons since he can’t figure out what he’s doing wrong.  It was a champagne and puffy things evening,
 
we finished up these homemade puffy things...

and added mozarella logs, and spinach/cheese phyllo pockets
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
along with continuing Christmas movie entertainment with WHITE CHRISTMAS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.