Tuesday, December 2, 2014

driveway party


I was awake at 3 AM on Monday (12/1), and at 3:30 I finally decided to just get up.  I’ve been waking up early in the morning lately, unable to get back to sleep.  Usually I stay in bed and toss and turn, or I get up and to go the living room couch and toss and turn.  Today I decided to just get up.  I headed to my computer and got through all of my emails and made a blog entry, then proceeded to continue to cut strips for a new quilt.  I got quite a bit done by the time Michael got up at 7 AM.  He left before 8 for breakfast out, a quick stop at the chiro and then back to SCCL to pick up his golfing guys to go to Edgewater.  He came home with an 81, and seemed very pleased, but indicated he was not ‘low man’…..his friend Don was burning up the course with a 77…and after mentioning that he hadn’t played golf in 6 weeks!  Paula stopped by for a visit and we must have talked for an hour sitting out on the front porch….then I took her home in the golf cart and we sat in her driveway talking for another 1/2 hour.  By then it was almost time to get ready for our driveway party at 4 PM.  It was in the 70’s today…probably the last warm day of 2014.  We had a lively group,
Ann Mary, Jim, Anne

Paula, Dough, Joe

Joe & Ken

Phil & Evelyn
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
but when the sun goes down it cools off fast and everyone left just before 6 PM.  Michael and I had leftover pizza for dinner and then watched TV.  I was too tired to do much of anything  and by 10 PM I could barely keep my eyes open and I stumbled off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.