Saturday, December 20, 2014

Cracker Toffee


Friday (12/19) was all about cracker toffee.  It started out to be about dark chocolate, caramel, pretzel, sea salt bark…but apparently I can’t make caramel even with a candy thermometer, so I dropped back to my old favorite…cracker toffee. 
setting up after cooking in the oven


bagged and ready to go
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I got 3 runs of that done, which took quite awhile, and was reading my book in between when it was in the oven.  I had a long visit from Reed Baxter, who sold us our house 8 years ago.  We got caught up on families and everything that was going on.  At 5:30, Susan & Jim picked us up and we headed to dinner at MAMA RICOTTA’S (ravioli with sage/butter sauce…heaven!), and then on to Actor’s Theatre for TRAILER PARK CHRISTMAS MUSICAL and the returning characters from Armadillo Acres.  It was just as funny as the original and we all enjoyed it.  We were home by 10:30 and read for a bit in front of the fire before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.