Sunday, December 14, 2014

new alcohol inks, apron embroidery, humbug bags

Michael went golfing here at SCCL on Saturday (12/13), but came home unhappy with the result….his score was still in the 80’s, but he said he had no consistency with his shots what-so-ever  :~(.  I had a visit from Beth, who picked out fabric for 2 humbug bags, and a visit from Jan, who helped me with some quilting/ironing.  Other than that, I spent the day happily sewing away.  Michael and I dressed up and left the house close to 7 PM for a Christmas party at Martha & Harry’s.  What a delightful time…there was SO MUCH FOOD….all lovely finger food that Martha made…and SO MANY DESSERTS…I must admit I had 1 cheesecake bite and it was heaven.  There were several people we knew and many more we didn’t, so it was nice to meet and talk and hear all of the stories from someone new.  We were home after 10 and read for a bit before heading for dreamland….

 **********************

So….I’ve been working on a couple of secret projects for my after Christmas fun and on Sunday (12/14) I finally felt like I might actually succeed in getting them done!  My honey spent time reading in front of the fire….trying some new techniques with his alcohol inks…
 
and watching a bit of golf.  In between sewing on secret things, I managed to embroider an apron for my friend Beth…for one of her grandkids. 
it says Daddy's Diner...as she always helps her dad when he cooks
 
I also made 3 humbag bags…
 
 
Beth wants to buy 2 of them as Christmas gifts.  Finally at 8 PM, I headed upstairs and collapsed on the couch to watch TV with my honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.