Monday, December 8, 2014

Cooking Fingers party favors

I headed out very early on Saturday morning (12/6) to hit a huge craft fair at a local church.  Jeannie was there and that was the main reason I went.  I got home after 9, and unfortunately Michael was sitting in the living room in front of the fire…having gotten rained out from golfing.  The good news (for ME anyway), he made me a mushroom/onion/cheese omelet for breakfast!!  After I ate, I went to sit and talk with him, and after awhile, both of us fell asleep in front of the fire!!  Finally around NOON we both roused ourselves….he went to the grocery store and I headed to the studio to be productive  :~).  I sewed in the afternoon while Michael watched a bit of TV, then came downstairs to play some pool.  We had BBQ chicken pizza for dinner (and I put together overnight Belgium waffle batter while the pizza was cooking), then headed into Charlotte for the MAGIC OF CHRISTMAS concert by the symphony pops.  It was a wonderful concert and certainly got us in the Christmas spirit.  We were home by 11 PM and sat reading our books in  front of the fire waiting until the electric blanket got the beds warm!

************************ 

We had yummy bacon and pecan waffles for breakfast on Sunday (12/7), then I headed downstairs to work on my hostess favors for Monday.  Cooking Fingers is having a Holiday Tea on Monday and I am one of the table captains.  I’ve changed my mind about a dozen times as to what my 8 party favors would be (for my table), and finally settled on Christmas fabric postcards.  Of course, my serger decided not to cooperate for a bit…I finally decided I had a bent needle and after that, all went well.  By 2 PM…I had all 8 done: 
 
Other than a quick trip to the grocery store with Jan, I spent the rest of the afternoon sewing on a new quilt.  At dinnertime I put together the PARTY PINWHEELS for Cooking Fingers on Monday….you mix cream cheese, onions, olives & red pepper together…then spread on tortilla, sprinkle with cheese and roll up.  They are in fridge firming up and I will cut into bite sizes on Monday morning.  My honey and I watched TV while I knit in the evening….it was a very relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.