Monday, December 29, 2014

3rd day after Christmas


On the 3rd day after Christmas (Sunday 12/28) my honey let me be (he was watching the Carolina Panthers),

The result i-is what you now see:

sugared pecans

dark chocolate dipped oreos with crushed candy
cane topping

bagged and ready to go!



Having Michael’s quilt finally finished….my “project” for Sunday was finishing up my food gifts, so that gift boxes could go out on Monday.  I did sugared pecans and dark dipped oreos with crushed candy canes as a topping.  As for the rest of the day….I made pecan pancakes for breakfast



and spent most of the rest of the day working on other projects.  I did take a 2 hour break in the afternoon to pick up 3 other ladies to head to a memorial service for another friend’s husband.  It was puffy things for dinner again…
mini chicken pot pies in puff pastry....YUM!!!

but no champagne…after all, we can’t drink a bottle EVERY night…can we? 

Michael was watching the Panthers play after dinner and I was reading my book.  I thought I had a crumb stuck in one of my teeth and reached up to see if I could feel what was happening…that’s all it took for a GIANT filling to fall into my hand :~(.  Guess part of Monday will be spent at the dentist…..

We ended the evening with a viewing of Mel Brook’s HIGH ANXIETY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.