Friday, December 26, 2014

Chistmas pics...


Merry Christmas Eve!  We woke up to a gloomy, rainy day here in South Carolina…a good day to stay home and play!  However, my very good friend Jan has a cold and feels lousy, so I ran to the grocery store and bought the ingredients for Mexican Chicken Soup, then went to her house to get it going in the crockpot. At least with everything else she has to do, she won’t have to worry about dinner for a couple of meals.  The store was a ZOO!!!!  It’s only because I love Jan so much that I was willing to go…the good part of it for me was that I decided to pick up a few extra ‘puffy things’ for us to have Christmas day….hope Michael likes them  :~).    Michael went through our HUGE pile of mail while I was gone (we both HATE mail…it never stops…just keeps coming and piling up until finally one of us…mostly my honey, tackles it), and we set about paying our bills and doing various other paperwork when I got home.  We got a little cleaning done and by 2 PM we were ready to kick back, relax and start our holiday fun.  Michael was on his computer while I tackled some mending (!) that has been on the back of my sewing chair for MONTHS!!!  It’s all part of the clean up campaign which will be going on from now until the end of the year :~).  I also got a bit of regular sewing done, and in the evening, we had an official start to our Christmas viewing, can you tell which movie it was?
 
yep....AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER, with the suavest of the suave....Cary Grant.  We we watched by candlelight
 
while snuggled up together on the couch.

************************** 

Merry Christmas!!!  We started our day with the traditional mimosas,

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and a new breakfast: a mushroom quiche with a cheddar/parmesan crust….yum! 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
While we were eating, my neighbor Anne came over to show off her Christmas gifts.  A few weeks ago I told Bryce (her hubby) how much Anne seemed to enjoy one of my charity quilts.  I told him I would sell it to him and donate the money if he was interested in buying it.  We wrapped it up, along with the knitted ascot in tones of rust and burgundy.  Anne came across the street wearing both the ascot and the quilt :~). 
 
She said she literally squealed with joy and surprise when she opened it….guess I did the right thing by mentioning it to her hubby.  She stayed for a small piece of quiche (and never let the quilt drop from her shoulders, even while she was eating it!) before heading back home.  Michael and I continued to open our gifts every 2 hours….the funniest gifts were when we both got each other ITUNES gift cards….great minds think alike :~).  We also exchanged: a book on Paul McCartney, an off set spatula, a set of bowls for the kitchen and all 4 of the Indiana Jones movies.  Our holiday movie watching continued with GALAXY QUEST , after which we had some homemade puffy things for dinner: 
 
Michael wanted to read his new book after that…and I wandered downstairs to do a bit more sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.