Saturday, December 13, 2014

Holiday Tea


My oven was going at 7:15 Friday morning to get all of the cookies baked, and it stayed on until 10:30 AM. 
hot cocoa cookies 1/2 way through their final touches...
Michael ran to the store, and then became my sous chef doing whatever I needed to get done…..you know….I totally got the best end of this deal….he is an angel and I am CRAZY!!!!   And he not only puts up with….but helps me with my craziness!!!  Anyway, then I put together the mulled cider and did 3 runs of homemade Bailey’s.  By the time I put out the plates, napkins and tablecloth I had 10 minutes to wash my face and comb my hair before everyone arrived (good thing I took my shower before I started baking!!).  There was SO MUCH GOOD FOOD!!! 

sandwiches cut in hearts....sandwiches cut into bell shapes too!
 
 
these are sugar cookies and chocolate/raspberry cookies

these are the hot cocoa cookies and the new baklava cup cookies
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and so many good friends….and lots of laughs (I think I had around 33 people there). 
 
Sally, Jeannie(in back), Gail, Ginny, Peggy & Loree

Peggy (by fridge), Loree, Mary

Pat, Jeannie, Sue (wife of husband who got the golf quilt)

Ginny, Barbara & Dee sitting down
Diane standing in background

Debbie (new neighbor) & Paula
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A few people stayed late and we just sat and relaxed and talked for 1/2 an hour and that was great.  Michael came upstairs after that, and by the time we got done talking, it was time to go to the heart doc’s for a routine follow up.  We were home by 5 PM and Michael watched a bit of golf while I headed downstairs to sew.  I only sewed for a bit (I was pooped) before heading upstairs to have a snack and then to to read my book for an hour or so.  We both watched our shows in the evening before bed.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your CRAZINESS!! You are one-der-ful!!!

    Love ME

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.