Monday, December 1, 2014


Michael had a frost delay here at SCCL on Saturday (11/29) so he had a very relaxed morning before his 11:30 tee time.  I spent the entire day in my studio, working on all sorts of things :~).  I started cutting for a new quilt and I continued to sew together the blocks Michael had laid out for my latest charity quilt.  When it is sewn together, I hope to use it to practice quilting onto a polar fleece backing.  I ordered new side clamps that should help me get a more even tension on the fleece…we’ll see  :~).
************************************
 
Sunday (11/30) seemed to go by in a flash!  We ate breakfast out, then headed to rehab to visit with our friend Gale (who had a knee replacement).  She is still in a lot of pain…and I think it’s been 2 weeks since the surgery.  We visited for a bit, dropped off a couple of magazines and headed home around NOON.  Michael spent a good bit of time in the garden, cutting down the hydrangeas and digging up yellow iris bulbs and trading them with a neighbor for purple iris bulbs.  I made vanilla scented soap, and finally harvested a bunch of basil leaves from a HUGE plant my friend Loree had given me…I made a pint of pesto for the freezer.  I never made it to my studio; instead I spent the rest of the afternoon reading a book.  Jan and I made a quick trip to the grocery store in the late afternoon, then drove around in the golf cart, talking for a bit.  Michael and I watched a bit of TV in the evening (after another wonderful dinner of turkey leftovers from Debra  :~) and I knit a bit more on a new ascot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.