Saturday, December 6, 2014

Cookie, new quilt


We headed out early on Friday (12/5) for an ear appointment for Michael…then we hit Michael’s craft store for all sorts of goodies.  After that, we stopped at Harris Teeter so that I could drop off a book for June, and we decided to have breakfast there…yum!!!  Then there was a stop at ALDI’s and to get gas, before finally heading home at NOON.  I spent the afternoon finishing the binding on the blue/green/purple quilt, while Michael watched a bit of TV...
waiting for dad to come back...
 
The binding was finished and it took just 1/2 an hour more to weave in all of my bobbin ends and stitch down my label.  By 4 PM I had this
TA DA!!!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This will be a hard quilt to give away….I love it for many reasons…it is totally made out of leftovers, mostly from a coat I made for my sister YEARS ago….it’s totally in my colors….and it looks great in the living room. 
 
I’ve decided that if I have to keep it, then I will donate the quilt top I made for the front bedroom (several years ago) instead.  We had Mexican Chicken soup for dinner and watched TV while I knit for the rest of the evening.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.