Thursday, September 11, 2014

tutorial again on Feta/Pasta


Having a new toy (namely Miss Scarlett) is not at all conducive to eating!!  Yesterday I got so caught up in doing the quilting in the morning, I never had breakfast and had to make a quick smoothie for brunch (which really stayed FROZEN all through S&C so I didn’t get to eat it with a spoon until I got home at THREE PM!!!!) I went downstairs Wednesday morning (9/10) as I normally do…got my blog entry done and ran through all of my emails while drinking my tea, then I unpinned the newest quilt from the frame.  I just wanted to sit down and start working on the binding RIGHT THEN….but instead I went upstairs, had breakfast, hit the farmer’s market (for zucchini & tomatoes for tonight’s dinner) and finally got home around 11 ready to get back to my quilt!!  I wonder if I’ll always be this excited to own Miss Scarlett…I sure hope so!  I spent most of the day ripping stitches out of the leftover quilting fabric so that I would have enough to make binding strips.  I finally got everything ripped out and all of the binding strips cut before dinner.  I made the pasta/feta dinner and thought I’d do a tutorial again
the cast of charaters:olive oil, whole wheat thin spaghetti (but you could use
any pasta shape you like), chopped basil, feta, chopped zucchini,
chopped tomatoes

start your pasta cooking first...this meal goes fast.  heat olive oil (1 - 2 tsp) in
skillet, then throw in teh zucchini

wait until the zucchini has some good carmelization then add...

the tomatoes.  saute for just a couple of minutes

add in the basil

the cooked pasta

and the feta

stir it around until feta mealts slighly....serve!!
 
This stuff if SO good!  After dinner I spent an hour SKYPING with Janice….one more week and we will be together….then sewed all of my binding strips together before heading upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.