Monday, September 15, 2014

Meg's wedding

Michael left for golf here at SCCL on Saturday (9/13) even though it rained overnight and still looked very overcast in the morning.  He was home by 2:30 with an 84 and said they only got sprinkled on for 1-1/2 holes.  I spent most of the day cutting fabric for 2 quilts.  I recently bought a pattern I just love and I hope to start working on the tops when I get back from retreat.  I thought I’d start cutting it out, to see what fabric I still might need.  Since we’ll be hitting 4 quilt shops on retreat, I’ll have a good chance of finding whatever I might be missing.  We got cleaned up and were ready to leave for Meg’s wedding at 3:30.  Meg was the office manager at our chiropractor’s office, and she invited us to her wedding. It was about an hour away, but we got there with no problem.  They had everything set up in a big field on their new property.  The ceremony was lovely.  The bridesmaids and and the bride arrived in an open wagon….pulled by a big blue tractor (driven by the bride's father)…after the wedding, the entire wedding party left the same way (to go take pictures before the reception):
arriving (the bride was hidden until she walked down the aisle)

and what a beautiful bride she made

Meg's mom made the dress...the lace on the dress was
from Meg's mom's wedding dress



Meg & Brannon Brown




It was a lovely wedding, and we arrived home just in time before the torrential rains started.  We made a big bowl of popcorn and settled in to watch STAR TREK 3 – THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK.  By the end of the movie, my lack of sleep from the night before totally caught up with me and I collapsed into bed.

*********************************

Sunday morning (9/14) it was WAFFLE TIME!!!  Not the overnight, yeast ones…but the 10 minute whole wheat ones.  Nancy H had given me some Yukon gold potatoes, and Michael fried those to perfection with some onions…what a FABULOUS breakfast.  I got a bit of fabric cut before it was time to leave for the theatre.  We met up with Lisa & Dean and saw the world premiere of RIVER CITY and it was a terrific play.  Jeremy is one of the actors we see quite frequently in Actor’s Theatre productions and he is always excellent, but in this play he was NOT TO BE BELIEVED….his acting was incredible…even though he has to be close to 30 years old, he played a totally believable 14 year old orphanage boy.  We all went out to MAM RICOTTAS afterwards and had an excellent dinner, and we were home by 7:30.  Michael had taped golf during the afternoon that he wanted to watch…so I happily headed back to the studio to continue to cut fabric.  I’m just going through my stash cards picking out anything I already have that goes with the ‘focus’ fabric I’m going to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.